2017 Five Star Disclosure
FIVE STAR WEALTH MANAGERS
In order to consider a broad population of high-quality wealth managers and investment professionals, award candidates are identified by one of three sources: firm nomination, peer nomination or prequalification based on industry standing. Self-nominations are not accepted. Pittsburgh award candidates were identified using internal and external research data. Candidates do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final lists of Five Star Wealth Managers or Five Star Investment Professionals. Although this list is a useful tool for anyone looking for help in managing their financial world or implementing aspects of their financial strategies, it should not be considered exhaustive. Undoubtedly, there are many excellent professionals who, for one reason or another, are not on this year’s lists.
• The Five Star award is not indicative of a professional’s future performance. • Wealth managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore may not manage their clients’ assets. • The inclusion of a professional on the Five Star Wealth Manager list or the Five Star Investment Professional list should not be construed as an endorsement of the professional by Five Star Professional or Pittsburgh Magazine.
• Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager, Five Star Investment Professional or any professional is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected professionals will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future. • Five Star Professional is not an advisory firm, and the content of this article should not be considered financial advice. For more information on the Five Star Wealth Manager or Five Star Investment Professional award programs, research and selection criteria, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com/research.
Five Star Investment Professional Criteria
Five Star Professional’s Investment Professional award goes to outstanding accountants, estate planning attorneys, insurance agents and select others in the financial industry. Award candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be named a 2017 Five Star Investment Professional:
Eligibility Criteria – Required
1. Credentialed with appropriate state or industry licensures.
2. Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years.
3. Favorable regulatory and complaint history review.
4. Accepting new clients Evaluation Criteria - Considered 5. One-year client retention rate
6. Five-year client retention rate
7. Number of client households served 8. Recent personal production and performance (industry specific criteria)
This year, we honored seven Pittsburgh-area investment professionals with the Five Star Investment Professional award. Learn more at: FiveStarProfessional.com